Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
Our Range of Services:
For all joint conditions, St. Wolfgang offers nonsurgical treatment options. If necessary, surgical options are also available. We use the best practices and latest surgical techniques while emphasising minimally invasive methods.
If medically necessary, we also offer inpatient follow up treatment at our facility. If necessary, an internist and/or urology staff member may also be involved as an additional form of medical supervision.
Special diagnostic features:
- Valgus Extension Overload Syndrome (VEOS) (tennis/golfer's elbow)
- signs of exhaustion
- meniscus and cartilage injuries
- new and old tears of the anterior and posterior cruciate ligament
- collateral ligament tears, complex ligament instabilities
- dislocation and malfunction of the patella
- osteoarthritis and cartilage damage, cartilage transplantation
- tendon, nerve and connective tissue disorders
- injuries and after-effects, discus and cartilage damage
- osteoarthritis of all hand joints
- hand dysfunction
- acute injuries
- ligament and tendon injuries
- cartilage damage and osteoarthritis of the upper and lower ankle
- prosthetics and fusion operations
- osteoarthritis and cartilage damage
- TEP hip replacement
- misalignment of the forefoot, hindfoot and toe (hallux valgus, varus and rigidus)
- osteoarthritis of the ankle
At the Asklepios Klinik St. Wolfgang, the team of surgeons, physiotherapists and sports instructors work with the internists and cardiologists in interdisciplinary cooperation.
The goal is to restore patient mobility as quickly as possible. In treating our patients, we obtain the synthesis of modern surgical techniques, medically supervised posttreatment and the use of individually designed physical therapy strategies.
Thanks to our unique concept, it is possible for the patient to largely return to working life immediately after a short but intensive postoperative hospital stay in our clinic. At any rate, patients are in a suitable condition to proceed with outpatient follow up care.